1. What is Yarra Energy Foundation's role in this project?
Over the duration of the Bogie Bulk Buy program, YEF will act as a coordinator on behalf of residents to ensure they are offered the highest quality products at the best possible price. Through a rigorous evaluation process, we have selected a reputable provider. We have made this offer available for a limited period, and are here to provide independent advice to the homeowner as they embark on their solar journey.
2. What was the selection criteria for identifying a preferred supplier?
To select the preferred supplier YEF considered the following:
- Capacity (company longevity and experience)
- Product quality and warranties
- Community contributions
In addition, the following requirements were evaluated:
- Supplier insurances
- Professional reference checks and customer reviews
- Clean Energy Council membership
- Industry accreditations and memberships
- Staff qualifications and training
3. Who is responsible for my contract for installation and maintenance?
Cherry Energy Solutions is responsible for the installation, services, products and maintenance subject to the terms of your supplier contract. Yarra Energy Foundation is not responsible for these matters, but is available to respond to any questions you may have about the offer.
4. What are the obligations of the Supplier?
The terms of your individual contract will outline the obligations of Cherry Energy Solutions.
5. What are my obligations as a registrant? What if I change my mind?
If you have registered your interest and received a final quotation, but have changed your mind, you have no obligation to proceed with the installation of solar PV systems. However, once you have decided to proceed with the final quotation by making a deposit/signing a contract, your agreement will be with Cherry Energy Solutions and not with the Yarra Energy Foundation or Shire of Srathbogie. If you change your mind after entering into a contract with the supplier, you will need to discuss this with Cherry Energy Solutions. YEF is not responsible for these matters.
6. What happens if I am dissatisfied with Cherry Energy Solutions’ performance during the installation and maintenance process?
Depending on your individual contract with Cherry Energy Solutions, your options will vary. You should discuss your concerns directly with Cherry Energy Solutions. Although YEF is not part of your individual supplier contract, if at any time during the installation and maintenance of your solar PV systems, the supplier has not provided products and services as agreed and you are not satisfied with their response to your concerns, you should contact YEF and we will take reasonable endeavours to help you overcome any issues with the supplier.
7. I am worried about my personal information being used. What will be done with it?
YEF will not disclose your personal information to any third parties except for the purpose of contracting with Cherry Energy Solutions. We will not use your personal information for external marketing purposes without your consent.
8. I have further questions. Who should I talk to?
YEF is here to help – give us a call on 1300 866 634 with any questions you may have.